The SSMA extension pack adds the databases, sysdb and ssmatesterdb, to the specified instance of SQL Server. The database sysdb contains the tables and stored procedures that are required to migrate data, and the user-defined functions that emulate Oracle system functions. The ssmatesterdb database contains the tables and procedures that are required by the Tester component.
Also, when you migrate data to SQL Server, SSMA creates SQL Server Agent jobs when server side data migration engine is used for migrating the data.
SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) for Oracle lets you quickly convert Oracle database schemas to SQL Server schemas, upload the resulting schemas into SQL Server and migrate data from Oracle to SQL Server.
Toad for Oracle is a database development and management toolset that reduces the time and effort developers and DBAs spend on daily tasks.
Only Toad empowers you to:
- Implement consistent and repeatable processes, supporting agile DB development.
- Accelerate application delivery, while minimizing risks associated with database changes.
- Ensure functional accuracy and scalability with automated testing.
- Quickly pinpoint and resolve database performance inefficiencies.
- Automate SQL optimization.
- Automate and schedule complex or routine database tasks.
Enterprise Manager enables users to manage their applications from top to bottom – from monitoring service levels to proactively isolating business exceptions before they escalate to addressing issues at any level in the IT stack. Users can manage the entire application lifecycle with comprehensive application quality management and compliance solutions. The key features are listed below:
- System Monitoring
- Managing Groups
- Job System
- Information Publisher
- Compliance Management
- Extending Enterprise Manager
- Managing Targets